Sunday, September 5, 2010

O'Leary's Irish Pub

Three years ago on Valentine Day, my husband surprised me with the 333 Franklin Street Dollhouse by Real Good Toys. He woke me up with a cup of coffee and a dollhouse. Is there a better way to wake up?

My original plans were to create an apartment building, but the rooms are an odd size and I couldn't figure out how to make it work. After much thought, I decided to go with a bar on the bottom floor with living quarters above. I put the building together at least a year and half ago and have spent the rest of the time thinking.

O'Leary's is set in New York City in the 1940's. The building and bar have been around since the late 1800's and the owner is an Irish immigrant named Séamus O'Leary.

I'm far from finished but here is a sneak peak at some of my progress.

First floor pub.













A closer look at the bar. I made the bar and everything on it except the beer tap, vodka bottle and the ashtray.









Second floor kitchen and bath. I made the stove and fridge, most everything else was made from a kit. The entance to the living quarters is at the back of the building, the door "enters" into the kitchen. The first floor stairs took up to much space so I left them out. I used a false door on the back wall of the second floor to give the illusion that the entrance is in the back.













Third floor living/bedroom. I made the chair, my MIL made the afgan on the bed and the desk is from a swap.










That's all I got for now on the pub. I have been working on it and have made more progress but still need to download and edit photos.

I see I have 150 followers now...wow! They snuck up on me. Since I haven't properly welcomed all of my new followers, I'm going to have a drawing to show my appreciation. I'll post the rules and a picture of the prize tomorrow.

Until tomorrow..........

6 comments:

De said...

It's looking really good, Gaye! I love the details on the bar - both the bar itself and the items on top.

~MiniMaker said...

Thank you, De! =)

MarysMiniatures said...

The details on the bar are amazing, love your work Keep it up

~MiniMaker said...

Thank you, Mary! I was a bar tender for more than 18 years so I'm hoping that all those years spent behind a bar will help make it look authentic. =)

Marys miniatures said...

To MiniMaker.. That explains the wonderful detail !! Keep up the great work.

Marys Miniatures said...

I have not tried to make furniture, yet...but maybe someday. First I will need to get some wood working tools. I would also love to upholster(sp), too. Have a great day, Gaye.