Friday, September 24, 2010

The Mildred M. Mahoney Doll's House Gallery......Haunted?

Normally I post videos on my other blog, Creating Dollhouse Miniatures, but this one is a little different so I'm posting it here instead. The Mildred M. Mahoney Doll's House Gallery, believed by most Fort Erie natives to be haunted, is home to the fascinating miniature world of the dollhouse. Housing one of the world's largest collections of dollhouses in North America, there are 140 exhibits spanning two centuries and rare masterpieces from England, Europe, the Orient and North America.

Bertie Hall, the building housing Mahoney's exhibit is also an attraction in and of itself. For a time, Bertie Hall was the third stop on the Underground Railroad, which led slaves to Freedom in the Canadian north. Slaves would cross the Niagara River under the cover of darkness, and once on the Canadian shore, make their way to Bertie Hall to regroup and hide out.


Part Two


Be sure to stop by the blog, Mini Ramblings and Musings, Karin posted some fabulous pictures of miniatures from inside the Museum.

So, what do you think? Haunted?

4 comments:

Thmini2 said...

I think this is true. The films kind of made my hair stand on end. Interesting post.

Josje said...

Haunted or not...I have no idea, but it sure is a fun story! Thanks for showing us!

Marys Miniatures said...

I was reading the article and thought this would be a great place to visit...but then I watched the videos and thought otherwise. Thanks for sharing with us.

Marys Miniatures said...

After thinking about this video.. I remember seeing it on Ghost Hunters. Spooky !!